10 servings Serving Size: 2 pieces
• Chicken Breasts 10 each or 2 pounds
• Flour, all-purpose 3 cups 390 grams
• Salt 2 tablespoons
• Black pepper, ground
• Chili powder 2 tablespoons
• Paprika 2 tablespoons
• Thyme leaves, fresh chopped 1 tablespoon
• Egg wash: 4 large eggs plus 3 tablespoons milk, water, or buttermilk
• Parsley, Italian, fresh washed, stemmed, chopped 2 tablespoons
• Bacon, lardons 4 ounces 115 grams
• Food service mushrooms, stemmed, sliced 2 cups (4 ounces) 115 grams
• Onion, peeled, fine brunoise, half of a large onion
• Garlic cloves, peeled, finely minced 2 each
• Thyme leaves, fresh, chopped 1 tablespoon
• Oregano, fresh 1 tablespoon
• Flour, all-purpose 3 tablespoons
• White wine 2 ounces 60 milliliters
• Chicken stock 24 ounces 711 milliliters
• Heavy Cream, 4 ounces
1. Gather all the ingredients and equipment.
2. For chicken: Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
3. Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika and thyme; divide into two half pans.
Put egg wash into an iced third half pan.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge chicken in flour mixture, coat with egg, then dredge again in flour mixture.
5. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet with rack to keep pieces separate before frying.
6. Working in batches, fry chicken until brown, about 4-6 minutes.
7. Put chicken on a rack sheet pan and bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F
1. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the oil.
2. Sauté bacon lardoons in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on absorbent towels, reserving for garnish.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms to caramelize first in the bacon fat; then add the onions, garlic, thyme and sauté until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium.. Deglaze with wine; reduce au sec. Add flour and stir 1 minute
5. Stir in chicken stock. Simmer until gravy thickens slightly stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
6. Add bacon and parsley for garnish. Season gravy to taste with salt and pepper, monter au beurre if desired.